Saturday, July 17, 2010

Affairs Wine Dinner


Much to my dismay, my vegetable garden is a bit on the sparse side. I'm going to call it 'subtle' as opposed to the usual bountiful. I'm willing to use both the residual effect of last winter's broken ankle and the long cold spring as my excuses, but for whatever reason I have wonderful perennials and herbs, but only a handful of peas. Nevertheless, it is beautiful harvest summer, and a dinner with some wonderful wines is in order.

Chef's Table Summer Dinner


Please join me on Friday July 30th for a summer harvest dinner, paired with some good, affordable, summer-minded wines. Some of my garden will make an appearance, and of course as much local produce as I can find.


Menu

1. Chef's appetizers with Sangria. Fun, plus I'll give you the Sangria recipe.

2. Cannery Clams, with L'Ecole Semillon (one of the favorite summer whites at my house)

3. Garden greens with house-smoked salmon and chevre-stuffed strawberries, with rhubarb vinaigrette, with Villa des Anges Rose of Cinsault.

4. Morroccan glazed Baby Back Ribs with Abbey Page Pinot Noir

5. House Roast Beef with roasted vegetables and fresh garden herbs, with Pomum Cellars Tinto. This is a blend of Tempranillo, Cabernet, and Merlot from Washington, which is an unusual blend for this state.

6. Dessert: Chocolate-dipped Cheesecake-sicles. Trust me.



The Plan

Day: Friday, July 30th
Time: 6:30 pm
Price: $75

Call or Email for Reservations
253 565 8604
affairscafe@affairs-chocolate.com

Hope to see you then!

Gay.

No comments:

Post a Comment